Pam Rambo works individually with high school juniors preparing to apply for college admission.
About Rambo Research
The signature service provided is professional college admission advising and college admissions process assistance for students and families by phone and online.
Different in depth & breadth of skills and experience in both college admissions counseling and paying for college, services are designed to help get teens into colleges and majors where their strengths and needs are best served. College planning
and application assistance is offered to clients who come from all over Virginia as well as clients along the east coast of the United States from Maine to Florida who are most often referred by friends and family who have used our services.
Experience and Qualifications
Looking back over my career, I could not have had a more perfect preparation for what I do today. It started with my own education. I had great advising from my college counselor and went on to earn a doctorate in Counseling as a result of her assessment of the skills in which I was most gifted. This resulted in a career that spanned director level experience in college academic counseling, college financial aid, college admissions, college scholarships, college access, veterans benefits and career assessment testing. My mission today is to provide the expert educational consulting for high school and college students that I received in college. The resulting extensive college admissions and process counseling skill and experience has been a critical element in developing services to assess student gifts and help today's students succeed with college applications. A wonderful by-product of the service is that it also helps parents relax.
- It has been my pleasure to be interviewed as an expert educational consultant and quoted by radio, tv and web publications including:
- Reuters Money
- Virginia Gazette
- Mass Mutual Group Website
- CBS 6 WTVR, Virginia This Morning
- WHRV FM, Hearsay with Cathy Lewis
- Straight Talk Radio with Chuck Gallagher
- WMBG, Ask the Expert
- Pam and her colleagues teach college prep camp sessions to help students compete for college admission.
- public and private high and home school students and families
- undergraduate students planning to transfer to another college
- undergraduate students applying for graduate school
- adults making a career change
- families making college plans for a child with special needs
- parents of elementary or middle school children who want to start making college plans early
- schools, professional organizations and financial institutions as a service to member and client families
Pam and her colleagues teach college prep camp sessions to help students compete for college admission.
- presentations to groups
- service to employees or clients of businesses
- customized summer and weekend college prep programs
Professional Memberships History Includes:
- Va. Association for Student Financial Aid Administrators
- National Association for College Admissions Counselors
- Higher Education Consultant's Association
- National Speakers Association, Chapter Liaison Committee 2013-15
- National Speakers Association-Virginia Chapter, past president
Civic and Other Membership History Includes:
- Kiwanis of the Colonial Capital, past president
- Williamsburg Community Foundation Scholarship Committee
- Williamsburg Community Chapel Stephen Ministry
- Greater Williamsburg Chamber of Commerce